Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Enter Sandman part 2

 

“Hey jester, can you make sure that Damon stays passed out?” J ester punched Damon in the head and gave to thumbs up. “May I assist you.” George flashed his fangs in a devilish smile. As we went to work, he turned to me.

“so what is going on with the energy vamp?”

“I’m hoping it’s just coincidence but in short there are a bunch of people getting really sick from someone taking excess energy. Feeding every night for hours at a time and some of them are children.” His face became drawn. It was a big taboo to feed on the unconsenting and absolutely forbidden to feed on children. It’s a akin to sexual assault and was met with much hostility in both of the vampire community. “Have you seen anything unusual lately?”

“Sadly no, I’m in and out at night. How long has this been going on?” He grabbed a second box and opened it with a flourish. Who still had grease paint? “Can you prop him up please?” Jester sat him up and held his face.

“This alone with worth the night shift!” Jester giggled. “ It’s been going on for about six months or so.”

“Ah, I see. That couldn’t have been me. I just moved here two months ago.” We finished up with the work and the master was finished. Jester scooped Damon up in his arms and threw him over his shoulder. I helped Geogre clean up his apartment and exited. The homeless man shambled by and was singing ‘As my guitar gently weeps.’

“What his deal?” I asked.

“Oh that poor soul.” He commented. “He used to run this building until his wife got sick. He sold it to pay for treatments for her but still lived here. He went completely broke only lose his wife. He ended up contracting liver cancer and used his wives money to treat his condition. Shortly after he had been into remission the new owners kicked him out. He comes here at night because he wants to feel closer to her.”

“How tragic.”

“I’ve tried to give him money or even contribute to an apartment but he wants his old one. However it’s already occupied.” I sighed and thanked him for his time.   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Abyss (a writer's side note)

  MY sincerest apologies for my absence. I have had a few things that needed my attention. A little soul searching and a little more soul se...