Tuesday, September 7, 2021

The Abyss (a writer's side note)

 

MY sincerest apologies for my absence. I have had a few things that needed my attention. A little soul searching and a little more soul searching. I had to examine my heart for a moment. I have been reaching an interesting epiphany. Do I keep writing or should I stop? What determines a successful writer? I got published through a house and that what I wanted but now what?

If that’s not a blinking cursor on the screen, then I don’t know what is. But without writing and creating I feel empty. Emptier than when I was a register jockey, much hallower than when I worked a bunch of temp jobs and most certainly unfulfilled as when I was selling items.

Writing gives me purpose and a sense of self but how do I become successful? If I become more successful will that satisfy me? Will I have finally proved myself to all the nay sayers?

On second thought, why should I have to prove anything to anyone else but myself? It’s been written that if you stare long enough into the abyss, it stares back into you. It comes to reason that if the abyss is apart of you, then that abyss is full of you instead of yawning emptiness. My throwing things into it to sill it is irrelevant because it’s already full. What exactly is full it of is creation or at least the idea of creation.

I can create anything I want out of that abyss and now I think I need to create a future. Nay a vision of my next step.

What to do with the abyss?

Simple. I will create.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Abyss (a writer's side note)

  MY sincerest apologies for my absence. I have had a few things that needed my attention. A little soul searching and a little more soul se...