Sunday, June 20, 2021

My first energy vampire part 1

 My first energy vampire: part 1

The first vampire I had ever come across was called Reginald. This was before HALO, before Damon and most importantly Frank. I’d always known that there were people that sucked energy or were just naturally draining.  But never in my life did I ever think that something like this could happen to me. I was just barely a year into high school and boy did I ever think I was aloof. I didn’t care because everyone deserved a chance to live.

Reginald was edgy. He had thick, long red hair with these dark green eyes. He smelt like fresh ever green on a summer’s day. He was sitting outside of my drama class with a guitar. He silver ringed fingers plucked away, “As my guitar gently weeps.” He was surrounded by admirers and I simply smiled at him and went on my way. I honestly didn’t think he would even remember me. 

The girls were all a flutter with his name. He worked with the children in special education for extra credit and had a very open schedule during the day. He enjoyed parties and music. Reginald was also dark and mysterious. He dabbled in the occult and had a copy of the necromicon. His art was crafted black ink on plaster of Paris. I was smitten but my mind was on changes that were happening in my own body. 

When a sentinel is shifting into their active phase, the world changes into frightening legions of emotions and energies. I thought I was losing my mind! All these thoughts and feelings were not all mine. I had no idea that they weren’t or how to deal with them.

Reginald was taking a break playing his guitar when I came out of my drama class again but this time he was alone. I briefly glanced at him and was about to go on my own way when I heard him say, “hi.” I looked over at him and said hi back. I was about to walk away when he asked what was I up too. I was startled by this as I had no idea he even noticed me. We got to talking and he asked why I always left after my class was done. I mentioned that I had another class to go to. He gave a half smile and chuckled to himself. He never knew anyone that could resist his music. 

I couldn’t help but to think that he was being really confident. But so are most musicians.  I think…

I don’t think we had been sitting long until the final bell had rung for the day. Energy vampires have something called a thrall and through it they can manipulate perceived time. The act was called “time temperance. I had honestly thought that I was falling in love. Little did I know, that this was just one of the many tricks he had played on me. It never ceases to amaze me how quick I was to dismiss all the little things. 


Part two released on Tuesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Abyss (a writer's side note)

  MY sincerest apologies for my absence. I have had a few things that needed my attention. A little soul searching and a little more soul se...