Tuesday, June 22, 2021

My first energy vampire part 2

 

He asked me if I wanted to grab something from the café and I obliged. There wasn’t anywhere I needed to be, and it sounded like a nice break from everything high school. I left this heated attraction for him that left me dumb struck. My mind had a difficult time thinking objectively. I was swept up in the romance that only a teenager knows. Too me his attentions felts as if it was a coming out party to my emotions. I had asked him how long he had been playing his guitar. He’d been playing since middle school and mostly he played his own stuff. He said he was inspired by all thing dark.

He said his art came from H.P Lovecraft and madness. He asked me what I did for fun. I was not as dark as him and typically had many after school activities to take part in. I loved rock climbing, art club, choir, drama and loved to write. I had been trying to get my poetry published. How lucky was I that he was interested in my work? We walked back to hi car in the parking lot and he invited me to sit and talk for a little while longer.

One thing had drifted into another, and we couldn’t keep our hands off each other. With each touch I eagerly groped for more. We were a tangle of legs and animalistic smells. I was flooded with sensation of euphoric desire. The sun had started to set but it was not as if we could see through the fogged glass. Every worry, self-conscious thought I had disappeared in steam.

I felt a red velvet thickness spread through the inside of my skull rolling any critical voice under the waves. My arms struggled to lift and swim upwards into cognition. When I reached the surface, my skirt had been pushed up and Reginald was on top of me. Whispering sweet nothings about how he wanted to dive within my soul.

Before he could push any further, I stopped him. I was a virgin, and I was not ready. He disagreed, he thought I was very ready. A tingling over my skull like warm rain threatened to roll me under again. I pushed back firmly and said absolutely not. I quickly gathered my clothing. It seemed like such a silly thing for me to clutch seeing as other girls had gone much farther than this and lived to boast of their adventure.

He then suddenly backed off and told me that no woman had ever said no to him before. He stared at me in the dark fiddling with his rings. I told him that I had only just met him. I apologized for what had come over me and apologized for disappointing him or giving him the wrong idea. He simply smiled at me. Reginald dismissed my apologies and just asked to see me again. I was unnerved. Something about the look in his eyes screamed of desolate hunger. I was the one who teased him with a feast and didn’t deliver.

He dropped me off at my house and promised to see me later. He chuckled under his breath that he didn’t mind a challenge. I nervously laughed and exited the car. When I got through the door, I could still feel his eyes in my back even though I was sure he was gone. I looked back to see his red taillights drifting out the driveway. The room began to sway slightly, and I felt dizzy. I wondered if all girls felt this way when they started to fall in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Abyss (a writer's side note)

  MY sincerest apologies for my absence. I have had a few things that needed my attention. A little soul searching and a little more soul se...