Thursday, August 12, 2021

The Noonday Mission: Part 1


 

The first thing I remember is the smell. Nothing can ever prepare you for the wall of rotting decay that wafted from that house. It was the first assignment with my shiny blue badge and with the burning taste of bile sitting in the back of my throat, I was learning to regret the new taste of freedom.

I was tracking down one of the seven deadly sins. By all facts this sucker was the least desirable to hunt. We called them Sloths. Not for their slowness but because they lived and breathed all things filthy. Most participants of the symbiotic relationships provide dirt and ruinous behavior for the suckee. Mostly these poor people are victims of secondary kills. Meaning a breakdown in the immune system causes people to fall victim to one of the following: diphtheria, sepsis, and the rare but incredibly oozy Gangrene. Rumor had it that he was apart of the Seven deadly sins gang.

The seven deadly sins are a crime organization that works in the trafficking of humans to feed the members of the syndicate and trade for drugs. It was much like any crime-based organization. However, this one fed strictly off people indulging within the seven deadly sins while making a buck.  Thankfully, it looked like drugs could be my in. IF I was lucky, I’d be picking off a lesser sucker while keeping my identity on the low.

His name was originally Edelman L’Roi. He’d changed his name to Devi to give insult to all the divine. He lived his life as a demon of filth. In his Victorian house he’d allow people to defecate and urinate in the corners of the rooms leaving piles of waste for his dogs to eat. Women on their period were encouraged to leave their menstrual waste in the red room. He would use the full buckets to paint layers on to the wall.

I was tasked to infiltrate the home and gather a list of the infected. If possible, I’d place an electro magnetic field disrupter on or in his person. The EMFD was a small needle like device that would stop the possessor from using their electro magnetic frequency to attach on to their victim’s field. It’s a highly successful device when implanted early in the Sucker’s career. I chopped off my hair, buzz cut the underside and dyed it black. I got fake piercings and temporary face tattoos to help me better fit the part. Jester on the other hand decided on a more leather daddy.

Blending in is something I’m good at. My glamor is very good, but the hardest part is keeping the eyes the same color all the time. To save myself the effort I use contacts. Glamor can only last about three hours. That’s why I work so hard to alter my physical traits, they last longer and it’s not as easy to lose cover. I wore an old pair of jeans and a grungy Judas priest tee shirt that had met with a bleach. I had on black lipstick and put in blue contacts. I looked very different from the blond hair and brown eyed gal I had been.

L’Roi’s home was a two-story Victorian that had been painted red. There were two dogs chained to the columns barking at passersby. The word on the street is that he had killer weed and ecstasy. The funny thing about street drugs is that they had little to no effect on my kind. The worst thing that weed can do is kill migraine pain and ecstasy only acts like a low dose of Xanax.

My line is that I was looking to score, I could trade for giving tattoos and piercings.  This I had heard was a good practice. I wasn’t ready for the wall of rot I walked into. The entry way was the cleanest that I’d seen. I had thought for a moment, maybe this assignment wouldn’t be so bad. As I made my way into the living room, I came to the realization that the reports were far from exaggerated.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Abyss (a writer's side note)

  MY sincerest apologies for my absence. I have had a few things that needed my attention. A little soul searching and a little more soul se...